Thursday, April 21, 2011

Idk I'm feeling all poetic and random. Feel like I should write it down. You get to see it.

Leaning against the wall
war
death
sadness
friendship
float before my eyes
behind me there is the outside
the deep rumbles of a truck
the bass of a song
This wall that leads to the outside
which I used to lie against
when falling asleep
and dream that it lead elsewhere
a secret world
a secret room
somewhere where I could run and play
But it leads to the outside
No magic
no place of my own
so safe little haven to be myself
just outside...

But outside there is everything!
there is life
and past
and present
and future
everything is everywhere
and everywhere is outside
so still
through this wall
as I float through images
there is still that place for me
that one place outside




yeah. made that up as I went. It started while reading All Quiet on The Western Front, then I heard a truck go by, then I felt poetic, then I remembered how I used to dream when I was little that I had a secret room behind that wall, and at night or when I was sad or angry I could just roll through the wall and be somewhere happy and fun... It would be nice if that were true...

No comments:

Post a Comment