Saturday, May 14, 2011

Confirmation

A friend of mine, Sierra, was being confirmed yesterday, and Shaa and I (neither one of us Catholic) decided we would go to support her. So since Sierra and Koi's church was being renovated they had to go to one kinda far away, so Shaa and I get all spiffy, get in her car, and set off to find the church. We're quiet most the time, a little bit of talk, but mostly quiet. But we get into the town where the church is, and we pass it and I yell out "SANTA ROSA CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!" cause that's what we were looking for and Shaa yells out "1174???" Because that was the address we were given. So we pass it and start freaking out (not really, but we were being super-loud, and we probably looked like freaks actually I'm pretty damn sure we did) And so we go to a Rabobank which was the next pull-out, and turn around the the parking lot, which launched a story from Shaa of her childhood (She lived in that town when she was little) about how she went to a field trip to the bank that was there (was not a Rabobank) and they ate dinosaur cookies. So we made it into the parking lot of the church, and we sat there. Sierra had told us to look nice, so Shaa wore a skirt (she doesn't normally) and I wore a dress (which is normal...) but as we sit in the car kinda spazzing actually really super-spazzing we start looking at what the other women were wearing as they got out of the car. Pants. Pants. Pants. We were laughing and yelling and just freaking out. We hardly knew anyone in there, and neither of us were even Catholic. Luckily we walked in and Koi was sitting with his parents in the back. We sat down in the pew behind them. Koi sat back with us. We were saved.

The service was really nice though, a bit formal for my taste, but it was an experience. I like experiences like those, they let me see things in different ways. And Sierra was confirmed (as well as other people) and there were the basic church-things and all (I don't feel like explaining the entire service so I'll just stop here like the lazy-ass I am)

But after the service, Koi, Shaa, and I went into the other room for cake. (yay cake). But then after that we went to Bob's Big Boy for dinner (it was 8-something or 9-something idk the exact time). But Koi, Sierra, and everyone got there before Shaa and I (because Shaa was being tailgated, so we slowed down and yelled at him/her like the stupid people we are just to piss him/her off. But we get there and Koi and Sierra come to sit with us and they tell us that when they showed up, the restaurant was closing but they re-opened cause they saw them pull in. But we ended up having a lot of fun, and ate food, and Koi and Shaa tried to get me fat by telling me to mix the vanilla and chocolate malt extras (Cause Shaa had asked earlier if I wanted to share a malt and I said sure, and they bring you the glass with it and then some extra in the metal shaker. Shaa pushed the metal shaker over to me and was like "you can have this". So I was like "wow, Shaa, you give me the leftovers??? {jokingly, of course} and then Koi was like "you can have mine too, you can mix it". So I did. And it was good. But it was probably more than a normal malt...)

I probably shouldn't have eaten that much last night, cause this morning when I woke up my chest hurt and I was like "WHAIII????" But I think I'm fine... XD But yeah, Rayden woke me up, begging for breakfast, but I was like "Give me half an hour" (My mom's gone, and she normally feeds them at 4:30-5 in the morning {"them" being the dog and the two cats, but we have two dogs staying over for a bit}) So I get up, and go open the garage a little for him, and he just rubs up against the door like "feed me" so I close the door (he's in the garage now, but there's a dog door he can get through) and get the cat food ready. I open the door, and he's gone. So I whistle for him, which normally works, but he doesn't show up. So oh well, I'll just leave it on the counter for when he comes back, right? He hasn't come back yet, and it's been two hours. Guess he wanted outside. But I fed the dogs, so that's done. XD
And right now I'm the only one up. This what be what it feels like for my mom... I should make breakfast for everyone, but I'm not hungry yet and I don't think anyone's going to wake up yet. I mean, it's only a little after 8... I'll wait a couple hours.


OH YES. I almost forgot. A few days ago, Shaa, Sierra, Koi, and I went to the GALA (gay and lesbian alliance) to get some Q-prom tickets and we were like "They're going to assume things about us that aren't true". But what we were really worried about was Sierra saying something "gay" "homo" and other related words are common in her vocabulary, and they're not always the nicest things. She doesn't really have anything (other than a slight homophobia) against homosexuals but it's the generation where people just say things without thinking, it's a disease. So we're in there, and there's a Q-group meeting going on (so there's quite a few people) and we ask for the tickets, and hand over the money, and during this, Sierra hasn't said anything (thank goodness) but we hear behind us "oh, we get new members every week!" and we're all thinking "OH GOD ASSUMPTIONS!!!!!" So we get outside with our tickets (the guy had given us three hot pink ones and a neon green one) and as soon as our feet hit the sidewalk, Koi grabs for the green one, and I forget who it was aimed at or really why but Sierra said "Wow Shaa, way to be gay" within earshot of Q-group. All our eyes widened and Sierra's face turned bright red.

So after that we were walking around in Farmer's Market and we were thinking of ways to stop Sierra from unconsciously saying things that could be considered offensive. And Shaa remembered that a while ago, she would always do the Justin Bieber beginning of "Baby" and it pissed me off soooo much because then it would get stuck in my head. So every time she did it, I bit her. So whenever Sierra says "the f-word" or "the g-word" or "the h-word" then I'm supposed to bite her or someone's supposed to hit her. I haven't had to bite her yet, but it's the threat that counts.

BUT THAT LEADS TO SOMETHING AT BOB'S BIG BOY. So our group is really judgmental, and we assume things (funny, ain't it?) about people. So there was this obese guy buying pie. And Koi points him out. (But I was eating so I didn't see) and then a while after he left, the judgmental subject came back, and as I was sipping my mixed-malt, John said "there was a fat man buying pie" and I started laughing. And then I thought I'm a terrible person. I really need to stop that. We all do. It's what'll get us in trouble in the future.


ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE, Rayden just came in and he was all purr-y and love-y and then he walked into my room, and I went in so that I grab him and give him his food, and I open the door, and lo and behold! A dead bird. And it's a present. For me. So Rayden rubs against my leg and purrs and I'm like ROAR. So I grab a latex glove and a paper plate to go pick it up, apologize for my cat taking it's life, and toss it in the yard waste. Where there was still a dead mouse from Calli. WHY DO THEY BRING THEM IN MY ROOM??? But the funny thing is that Calli always goes "grrr this is mine" and Rayden goes "I killed this for you :3" But it was a pretty good-sized bird... Rayden doesn't really hunt that much, but I guess he's good at it. (He even caught a dragonfly once when he was littler)


Anywho, that's my EXTREMELY LONG boring and completely not deep like Shaa's blog post!

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha dude you may think that your posts don't account for anything, but one of the main reasons I like yours versus mine is that yours make me laugh. We're kind of like the yin and yang :D

    The part about the malt made me laugh the hardest. But usually they have more in the metal cup than what they gave you last night, and I generally just forgot to mention the extras. So that's what I meant by "share". NOMALLY THERE'S LIKE TWO SERVINGS.

    Uhh...they kinda just ripped us off last night, probably cuz we came at closing time XD

    ReplyDelete