Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Supernatural

Now, I understand that some/most people don't believe in the supernatural, but I like to think that anything is possible. Plus, how do you explain really weird things?
Last night, my brother's cat, Calli, calmly jumped up onto the couch, and walked toward my lap. As soon as she touched my leg, she jumped straight up into the air, clawing my knee. She landed on the floor, and ran halfway across the room, in a defense/attack crouch-thing. I go over, turn on the light (it had been off because my dad was checking the color of the tv because he thinks it's broken, and I had the laptop on my lap, and was clearly lit, so she wasn't surprised that I was there) and there was nothing anywhere that would have scared her. Now, cats have really good eyesight, especially at night. If there's one speck of light they can see most of what's in that room. I don't know what she saw, but it scared her enough to make my leg bleed and need four bandaids (sadly, they weren't chinese ones but some from costco, better than the shiny one though; these stayed on all last night and today).
Believe what you will, but I think that this may be evidence of the supernatural. Or that the cat is a complete spazz. Either one works.

1 comment: