Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speaking of him...

I've found that the song "Give me Everything" or whatever it's called (by Pitbull and Ne-yo) reminds me terribly of all my confidence issues and regrets. In the song, it's so bold. It's going up to "someone sexy" and asking them to "give me everything tonight" (well asking them to have sex, but that's not where I'm going). It's so self-confident and bold and courageous. It leaves me wanting to change, and inexplicably sad during the actual duration of the song, yet I continue to listen to it to constantly remind me that I should change. And maybe in August, going to college is the little push I need. Maybe I'll get a haircut, new clothes, a new style. Start over in a new state, all new people. I'll give myself a new makeover, try to be a better person. But I won't turn my back on everything in my past. I'll keep it all and cherish it, but I'll use it more to learn. I'll use my past to jumpstart my future. (yay for getting confident while writing this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment