Monday, June 6, 2011

Otters

So yesterday, Shaa skyped me to ask if I was busy. I said "no. why?" and she told me that she had to go talk to Mrs. Chapman (a scary science teacher) about painting the otters on a trailer for community service and she didn't want to go alone because she's "scary." I had to roll my eyes at her, but I ended up going. I brought a book so I could do some homework while she talked. So she comes to pick me up and we head into town. We sit at this campground for about half an hour, with no sight of Chapman's little yellow car. A golf cart pulls up next to us and he said that we were probably at the wrong park, and if it was for the history museum (which is was), we would have to go to the bay campground, we were at the strand campground. So we drive over to the other campground, and sure enough, there's the little yellow car. So Shaa gets out and talks and helps, and then I'm called out cause they need help taping together big pieces of paper. I put down the novel I was reading and get out of the truck (a very dirty truck, thanks to some rain the other day), and go to help. We end up running out of tape, and then having to roll the paper up. Chapman uses a small log to help roll the paper, which ended up getting stuck inside the paper tube. Shaa's muttered suggestion "Twirl it around above your head" was enough to get us laughing after I gave her an odd look and a small punch in the arm. Eventually the log came out, Shaa got the paper to draw her large otters and landmark on, and then we went to Koi and Sierra's house. Sierra had invited us over earlier, but she wasn't there and she told us to call her brother...which we did, but we waiting until we were outside his house. We went in, and started playing dominoes (I taught them Mexican Train), and then Sierra came home and we taught her too. But her phone kept playing "Paper Planes" because she was being texted almost constantly. After we played a few games of Mexican Train, we played Uno and ate pizza. But then Shaa and I had to go home because I still had homework (which I woke up early to finish this morning) and it was a "school night" (technically).

But Shaa told me that I had to tell this story, because she was too embarrassed at her mistake to do so. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment