Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adventure to Connecticut!

Okay, so Sunday evening, my dad, sister, Loki (my sister's kitten), and I started our drive down to the airport in Santa Barbara (which is only about one and a half hours away). Loki meowed the entire way down to my sister's apartment, which would be his new home; He doesn't like car rides that much. So then when we got there, we watched Tropic Thunder and Underdog, then we just slept and then woke up at 4:45 AM. We got to the airport, and our plane was supposed to leave at 6:05. But the plane was fogged in at LAX, and the pilots woke up in Santa Barbara, took a cab down to LAX, and flew the plane up to where it was supposed to be. We finally got on the plane at around 11:00 AM (and those four hours were long and terrible because the wifi hated me, and wouldn't let me on until the last 30 minutes or so). We got to Denver without any other problems. Then we ate lunch there, and waited for our connection. We got on the plane, and we were sitting in a row by the tail. It was a very bumpy ride, and there was a screaming child in front of me, and a guy sitting next to me (he was reading a book in Japanese!!!), but I had the window, and I enjoyed looking out it. At one point the little girl in front of me (she was probably around 1), was happy and reached her hand out to me. At this point I was drawing a picture, and I let her hold the colored pencil I was using. She was very confused, but happy. It was really cute.

We landed in New York City, and there were so many lights! And I was watching out the window while we landed. We were going down... down... down... and I saw water under us. I was like "hey, we should probably land on the land" (in my head of course, I didn't really speak the entire flight). And there was water... water... water... RUNWAY. LAND. And we landed. And when we got out, my bag was there (my dad was worried that it would be lost because of all the trouble), and we went outside, and my dad thought that the rental car shuttles would be somewhere off this way, but I followed the signs and found it. (I was proud of myself). We got our rental car, hopped in, and started off to Connecticut. We ended up getting to the hotel about 1 AM (Eastern Time). On the way I saw a Lady Gaga Billboard, but I don't know what it was advertising. I got in the hotel and fell asleep. And then there's now! Almost noon Eastern Time, and I had a bagel and we're going to go and check out New Haven and I'm going to bring my camera (my mom wants pictures). I may upload some. THE OCEAN HAS NO WAVES. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE?? D:

1 comment:

  1. You will grow out of the "Pacific Ocean" atmosphere and steadily start falling into the "Concrete Jungle" atmosphere. Lucky you...at least I still get the Bay Area :P

    ReplyDelete